Multiculturalism in Australia
Australia's identity has changed significantly since World War II. The Australian Government's White Australia policy was formally abandoned in the 1970s and replaced with policies focused on multiculturalism. From this time on, Australia increasingly recognised the importance of building relationships with its Asian neighbours.
- How has Australia's identity changed since World War II?
- How is this reflected in, and shaped by, Australian Government policies?
- Why did these changes occur?
- Click on record links below to see more primary sources.
- Click on the 'about' tab attached to some of the records to learn about that record.